Monday, November 5, 2018

MY PICK OF THE WEEK STAMPS FOR THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hi House Friends!  

I've been playing around (and having so much fun) with the Ranger Alcohol Lift Ink.  Some of you may have seen the cards I created previously using the Alcohol Lift Ink, now I thought I'd show you how I play with it today at The House That Stamps Built bloghttp://thehousethatstampsbuilt.com.  

All the Repeat Impressions Stamps I'm using in this post will be available to you for 20% off Until November 11, 2018.  Grab them while you can.  Use discount coupon POTW11518

You need these supplies:


Alcohol Inks (your choice of colors), Yupo or any non-porous paper, A separate piece of card stock (I used white), Alcohol Lift-Ink, Blending Solution (optional), plastic gloves (optional, but they make it less messy on your hands), stamps of your choice.  



This photo shows the results of using the Alcohol Blending Solution (left) and just the blending of the alcohol inks alone (right).  You can decide which you'd prefer for your project.  I'll be using the one on the right for my project today.  Before stamping, it's very important to let these papers dry completely.  


You're next step is to place your alcohol ink Yupo paper and your card stock side by side.  Inking up your stamp with the Alcohol Lift-Ink, stamp it on the Yupo paper.  I let the stamp sit on the paper for a minute before lifting.  I then place and stamp the inked stamp on my card stock piece and turning back to the Yupo paper, I take a soft cloth and tap the image inked area on the Yupo paper, lifting the ink and seeing the magic. (Note:  Be careful not to wipe the cloth over the image or it will smear)  
Both results are posted in the next photo. 



Finally, use your images as you'd like.  I made a couple of Thanksgiving cards using these RI Stamps, #3308-M "The Pastor's House", #3214-G "Thanksgiving Blessings", #3306-I "Falling Leaves" and #3313-E "Oak Leaf".  





I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial, thanks for stopping by. 

  



3 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

How stunnning. The 2nd one turned out fabulous too. Yes, this stuff is fun ☺

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Wow Cheri- very impressive work!

Ina G said...

WOW! Haven't you created 2 beautiful card here SS. Totally stunning results and in such gorgeous colours. Of course the stamps you chose are amazing!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book