Saturday, December 10, 2011

Days of Love and Roses

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!  
We've been asked to join a card shower this week for my husband's uncle and aunt who are celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary.  Can you imagine?  They winter in Florida but call Maine "home".   
For their card, I CASE'd a card I saw by Jennie Harper, in the most recent issue of CardMaker magazine and I used the color challenge over at The Color Throwdown #171 for my colors.   I'm also entering this is Cat's Mix It Up Monday Challenge over at StampTV  "Let's Get Down and Dirty"


I used Gina K Design cs for the base and the cs layers in colors, Ivory and "Cranberry Tart".  EF from CuttleBug and SU.  The paper is an actual piece of sheet music from the song, L-O-V-E written by Bert Kaempfert and Milt Gabler.  Some of you may remember Nat King Cole made this a hit song back in the day!  Punches used were MS.  Dies of Hearts, Regular Squares and Curved Rectangles are Spellbinders.  Stamp "Hopeful Hearts" by Tami Mayberry is from GKD using Adirondack "Cranberry" ink.  The rose and ribbon are from my stash.  The word "Love" was cut from the song title using the heart die.  After gluing it, I then used some 3 D Crystal Lacquer to give it some dimension. 


Thank you for stopping by.  





Cheri

8 comments:

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- This is beautiful and I am sure the happy couple will love it too! Wow-65 years-WTG!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty use of the colors -- love your ribbon treatment with that pretty flower!

Anonymous said...

Cheri, you have me hummin' Nat's song, dearie! Man, talk about takin' ya back, huh? Anyways, this card is fan-tas-tic!!! Love the embellies, the layout is smashing and all-in-all great card!
Hugz2u,
Sharon

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous anniversary card and a great use of the throwdown colors! So glad you were able to play along with us and hope to see you again in January!

Lori said...

Lovely anniversary card! Thanks for joining this week's Color Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty, Cheri...I love how you used the CTD colors and your flower is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!

Broni said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Cheri! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

Ina G said...

A most beautiful card as always. Ina

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book