Monday, November 28, 2011

Home for Christmas

It's a double post for me today - and another challenge card.  
I made this card for the CR84FN 43 challenge -the earthy color tones of brown, tan and green.





Still in the groove for making Christmas cards...





Using Gina K Pure Luxury CS, "Chocolate Kiss" and "Sand", I stamped the beautiful pine bough/cone bg with a Northwoods bg stamp in Vivid "Cottage Ivy" ink.  The cottage stamp and the script stamp are both SU and I inked them with TH DI "Walnut Stain".  I used a clear Sukara pen to "snow" the roof and all the snow areas, which gave it a glistening look.  Also used were Spellbinders scalloped circles, ribbon from stash, MS pine branch punch, twine, red pearls and a tiny cedar cone from a tree at our camp that I "frosted up" with Creative Inspirations "Winter Frost" acrylic paint.  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  

Cheri


6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

super gorgeous card!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Cheri! Love the fancy ribbon treatment! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Anonymous said...

Cheri, fantastic, love those colors and the style, beautiful use of a pretty ribbon. Hugs, Lori m

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- Great vintage feel to this card-lovely!

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the vintage feel of your lovely Christmas card. I really like the ruffle ribbon too! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Ina G said...

GORGEOUS. How I would love to be able to spend time with you learning some of the techniques you come up with. Love just that little bit of colour and that ribbon wow SS

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book