Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Time for Peaceful

I'm playing along with a new challenge this week.  Over at One Layer Wednesday, Susan is challenging us to a one layer card expressing "peaceful".  
A friend of my husband's passed away last week and he asked me to create a sympathy card for his wife and family.  He didn't want any "frills" (what, Moi???  Frills????), so I created this card for him to send to his friend's family.  
I'd also like to add that CAS cards, while seemingly look simple to do, are not simple for me to do.  I am constantly trying to do better with them because I love their look.  So, thanks to Susan's blog, I'm getting better and enjoying my play time creating them.  




CS:  Gina K Pure Luxury White
Stamps:  GKD "Hope Grows", by Theresa Momber.  (The sentiment is not from this set.  Sorry, but I can't remember which set it came from but it was also a GKD stamp).
Inks:  Vivid "Cobblestone" and Memento "Cantaloupe", "Tangelo" and "London Fog" (the butterfly). 


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a peaceful day!  


Cheri

2 comments:

Ina G said...

What a lovely card. Sympathy cards need simplicity and this is "peaceful".

Susan Raihala said...

So beautiful. The colors, the placement, everything. My sympathy for your husband on the loss of his friend. I hope this beautiful card brought peace to him as he gave it.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book