Saturday, November 12, 2011

CR84FN42

Here's another posting - a card I made for two challenges - but I totally missed entering the one at Card Patterns CPS140  -  Here's the sketch (I missed).  






But, I'm on time for the color challenge at CR84FN42 





Here's my card



I was inspired by the black stripes in the center photo as well as the flowers.  I thought about embossing the base layer but then I thought it might be too much.

Details:  GKD CS Innocent Pink, Ivory and Black Onyx.  I used a TH Alterations Die for the cage and bird. First cutting the cage in the black onyx then rubbing it with Metallic Rub on "purple" which gave it a pink tone.  I then painted it with "Peach" Creative Inspirations paints, glued on some flowers from my stash after wrapping the top porting with gold cord.  The scalloped edge was also from my stash and I layered that against an ivory cs embossed with a CB snowflakes ef.  The bird was cut from American Craft POW glitter paper Carmel, purchased at the local AC Moore store.  

This is my last posting for today!!!  No, really....I mean it! I've got more, but I'll do that tomorrow!  Enough's enough, right?

Have a great weekend.

Cheri


7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

don't ya hate missing a great challenge like that, your card is gorgeous!!!! Good luck with the color one!!~

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheri! Too bad you missed the CP deadline! I love the details on this! Good luck with the other challenge! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Cheri, great use of the bird and cage for a Christmas card ! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Sue C x

Mona Pendleton said...

What a pretty card Cheri! The cork bird looks wonderful! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Anonymous said...

Oh i do love this card its so pretty. i love birds and this one so appeals to me
Have a lovely day
hugs June x

Deborah Frings said...

A really pretty card - I do like the dimension in the bird cage. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love that sparkly bird! Well done~

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book