Wednesday, December 5, 2018

DECEMBER 2018 DESIGNER'S CHOICE CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello house friends!  

It's the first Wednesday of the month and that means it's a designer's choice challenge at The House That Stamps Built.  It's Donna's turn to give us the challenge and she wants us to make anything but a card.  

I love to give books as gifts at Christmas so this year I've made some bookmarks using lots of Repeat Impressions Stamps. These are the stamps I used #4603-F "Got Snow" , # 8914-E Snowflake Solid, 8916-F "Snowflake Outline", 8805-K "Snow Flakes"#8808-E "Knit Cap Penguin (sm), #2012-H Poinsettia, #4715-K "Snow Light", and 2714-D "Small Pine Forest".  This was such a fun project and I hope you'll be inspired to play along with Donna's challenge.  



I used an old banner/tag nesting die I've had for'evah and used it to cut card stock bases, then using the next layer die, I cut various design papers and sewed them to the cs base.  What doesn't show, I covered the backs with other designer papers in order to cover the stitching and make the bookmarks look finished.  Pieces of ribbon and trim were added to the bookmarks. Lots of scraps were used up making these, how great is that?  

You don't need dies to create bookmarks. Get creative and join the anything but a card challenge this week at THE HOUSE.  Entering is easy, just check out the details and play along!  

For more incredible ideas and inspiration, check out my team mates...they so rock.  

   
Thanks for stopping by today.  



  

10 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh how nice - and I didn't notice your stitching until I looked close. Books and a book mark are a great gift. My great grands are getting a book and money.

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Cheri, I love these beautiful bookmarks you've created with scraps!! I think the poinsettia one is my favorite - but they are all gorgeous!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

So creative Cheri- terrific job on all of these!

Ina G said...

What fabulous sewing you have done here on your gorgeous book marks. Just gorgeous SS. A perfect little extra for a book lover.

Donna said...

Your bookmarks are so adorable, what a great idea, your recipients will like those as much as the books!

Laurie Unger said...

These are so creative and practical. Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

I like the ribbon on the tops. I always struggle with a way to finish off bookmarks. I make a lot because I give them to my grandson's classes. good way to use little bits of ribbon too. Thanks so much for this!

Heather said...

These are all so adorable!! I have the same paper pack that you used on the ones on the right. It's actually almost all used up, maybe I'll have to make some bookmarks to use up the rest. : )

Vicki Dutcher said...

I adore the idea of a card gift - I use this idea a lot! Great bookmarks :)

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book