Thursday, August 11, 2011

Stepping out of my Box

Hi there Blog friends....I'm stretching my techniques and card design for today's post and I should tell you I really struggled with this card.  
First of all I wanted to use a great technique by Holly Brown for Technique Junkies called "Collaged Circles".  It was a fun technique/background to create and my issues came with my design.  I think it was due to the fact that I used these bold and gorgeous papers from PTI and they almost speak for themselves, so perhaps a softer, subtler paper would have been better and more comfortable for me.  Gotta try though....right?  My assumption of my card is that it's far too bold and far too....well....gaudy! 
That being said, I'm also posting this card even though I'm not that fond of it (have you ever done that?) - and offering it for this week's challenge for CPS-Card Sketch and letting it go - good, bad or ugly (in a guady way)....I'm stretching my creativity and will most assuredly continue to hang'n lefts when I could be playing it safe.  LOL.  The story of my life!  


Here's CPS-Card Sketch 230 






And my {gaudy} card - it actually looks better in person than it does here.  



Details:
Stamp: Flouishes "Life Lines"
CS:  GKD Pure Luxury "White", "In the Navy" and "Red Hot".
DP:  PTI, "Beautiful Blooms".  
Embellishments:  Seam binding "rose" hand made using Glubers.  MS lattice punch and Sizzix corner die.  Button from my antique button stash.


Off to do some more "stretching"....thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it.



Cheri


3 comments:

Jennie said...

Lovely card Cheri! Nice dp and love that flower. Great job on the CPS sketch and thanks for playing along this week :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

This is NOT gaudy at all - silly goose! It's just "out of your box" -- I LIKE this bright and cheerful card!!

Betty Neville said...

It's NOT gaudy Cheri - it's bold and beautiful! That circle background is really cool and makes great dp!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book