Wednesday, April 20, 2011

More Animal Shots

Well, it's certainly been an animal week for us!  


As I was leaving for work this morning - a little after 7:00, I looked up and this moose was standing on my lawn, watching me.  I can't begin to tell you how shocked (and excited) I was to see this lady.  Hubby was heading off toward the backyard to feed the birds and through my car window I called him back.  When he saw what I was pointing at, he ran into the house and grabbed the camera.  At least we got this shot before she headed back to the woods.  This is the second moose I've seen on our property since moving here 11 years ago.  Very cool experience.


  

This is the time of year their fur sheds, so she looked quite mangy.  


Oh, the wonderful wonders of our natural world, huh?  



Cheri




1 comment:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Yeah, mama moose! That is just too darn awesome! It doesn't quite beat the fox curled up on the wicker chair on Geri's front porch, but real close. hee hee!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book