Wednesday, January 9, 2019

JANUARY 2019 TIC, TAC, TOE CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hey there House friends!!!! 

I hope you had a chance to play along with Esther's designer choice challenge last week at The House That Stamps Built.  If not...there's plenty of time, you have all month to get into every Wednesday challenge before a winner for a $25.00 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions is drawn.  

Today it's the month's Tic, Tac, Toe challenge.  You know the drill...pick three items in a row and create a card or project and have fun!  

Here's a card I made with the selections from the TTT board



Creating this card was such fun...I love it when you never know where it's going when you start a project and it somehow ends up looking pretty cool.  (So, now you know, I'm not a planner.  More of a "fly by the seat of your pants" kinda gal.)  


I first stamped the Ruffled Heart image on black card stock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Before coloring the image I made a mask and splattered white guache around the bg.  I then colored the ruffle with white PrismaColor pencils adding black in the dark folds.  

The heart ruffle was stamped again on white card panel, the sentiment was added and then stenciled with "Scribbled Rose" stencil from A Colorful Life by lightly sponging Black Soot Distress Oxide Inks, giving it a satiny look.  That piece was then fussy cut and applied to the center of the black image.  

For a final touch of dimension I added Enamel Accents in black to represent pearls in the gathers of the pillow.  

Here's the challenge TTT board.  I followed the row across the middle (L-R) Black and/or White, Thank you, Dimension.  Let's see what you can do with this board.  


You will not be disappointed if you check out my team mates blogs and their creations...prepare to be blown away.


Join our TTT Challenge this week and enter yourself in the drawing for some fabulous stamps from Repeat Impressions.  The details can be found at THE HOUSE.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you found some inspiration here today.  


7 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful and very creative. I think sometimes I spend too much time planning. Another stamp to add to my order.

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!

Donna said...

Absolutely love what you did with this heart stamp Cheri, such a stunning card! Thanks for the tutorial.

Esther Asbury said...

Such a pretty card, Cheri! I love your layered heart with it's stenciled center -- and what a gorgeous, splattered background! So pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty heart

Heather said...

That must be why the two of us are usually the last to add our cards--I'm not very good at planning, either. Your card is gorgeous! Your heart image turned out fabulous! So elegant looking with the black and white.

Laurie Unger said...

I don't believe I've ever seen this stamp. Hmmm. I love what you did with it.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book