Wednesday, September 5, 2018

SEPTEMBER 2018 DESIGNER'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Hello House Fans!!! 

It's the first Wednesday of the month and it's Designer's Choice Challenge at The House That Stamps Built.  Laurie is the challenge hostess and her challenge is "Anniversary".  



To create the focal image of the swans, I stamped them on a white scrap card stock piece, colored them with Copic Markers.  I then made a mask for them and stamped the Heart silhouette in Victorian Velvet color Distress Inks so it would appear behind the swan.  I then die cut the image and using the same dies created a frame for them.  

The background panel was created by swiping a baby wipe across the Victorian Velvet Distress Ink then swiping it from top to bottom along the panel.  I did the same using the color Black Soot, avoiding heavy swiping in the center of the panel.  

I added the Random Heart stamp to the layer after deciding where it would be on the panel.  

I hope you'll join in on Laurie's challenge and join us.  The details on how to enter and what you could win can be found at THE HOUSE.  

For more Anniversary inspiration, check out the blogs of my super talented team mates.  

Donna - Heather - Joy - Laurie - Esther Shirley  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you found some inspiration.  

Also, let me point out I have a discount for Repeat Impressions Stamps for you, just use RR10CW at check out and enjoy a full 10% off your entire stamp order. 

Have a great week!  




7 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I absolutely love the awesome background you created for your beautiful card, Cheri! I've never tried the baby wipe trick before....such a cool effect!

Glittered Paws said...

I have thought so often about getting the swans - well no more thinking - it is on my list. Love how you told us to do the baby wipe and getting the heart behind the swans. Very nice and perfect for this challenge.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- What a great Anniversary card!

Ina G said...

Brilliant and clever layout SS. Love the swiped background - must try that. Great choice of dies and those floating hearts are perfect.

Donna said...

This is just adorable, great masking and your background is just amazing, thanks for the mini tutorial!

Heather said...

This is gorgeous!! Your masking is fabulous and that background is awesome!! I'm definitely going to have to give it a try.

Laurie Unger said...

What a darling anniversary card. Love the background you created with the baby wipe. Gonna have play with that technique.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book