Wednesday, August 2, 2017

AUGUST 2017 DESIGNER'S CHOICE CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello House Friends!!!! 

It's my turn to host a Designer's Choice Challenge at The House That Stamps Built and I have been re-watching a bunch of my favorite movies lately and thought it might be fun to create a card using one of those movies as the subject and challenge you to do the same.  

My favorite movies are girly flicks....I can't help it, I'm a romantic at heart.  Pretty Woman, Dirty Dancing, Sleepless in Seattle, Sweet Home Alabama....oh, I had so many to chose from.  

Sweet Home Alabama won out....I attempted to capture the lightening striking the sand on the beach and creating beautiful glass from the movie.  



I did say "attempted"  I wasn't creative or artistic enough to draw "lightning" for my card, so I used a tree limb stencil I had and sponged white pigment ink through it. This also helped me "light up" the sky.  I sponged the "sand" with a darker grey ink but kept the "lightning" penetrating the "sand".  I stamped RI#9503-L "Wine Glass" in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with white ep.  I used Copic Markers to color the wine.  The sentiment is from the same set  RI#9510-E "Wine Time".

I hope you'll play along...it might be a little harder than some other challenges, but that's what a challenge is.  Just enjoy the process.  

For details on how to enter and what you might win, please link on over to THE HOUSE and get the details.  

For even more incredible creations and to see what movies rock the Rock Stars, take a look at what these awesome ladies have created.

Deonna - Donna - Heather - Joy - Laurie - Patti J - Shirley

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you get some craft time this week.  




7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous as always!

Donna said...

This is just stunning Cheri! What a great way to capture the lightening and the wine glass is fabulous and the bubbles!

Glittered Paws said...

Love your single wine glass against the "lighting" background. Great take on this fun challenge.

Heather said...

First, this challenge was HARD!! Second, Sweet Home Alabama is a great movie; don't remember the lightning strike, though, but it has been a while since I've seen it. And third, fabulous card!! I think you captured the lightning perfectly with your stenciled background. Great job!

Ina G said...

Oh SS how funny you chose THAT movie as I have just recently watched it AGAIN with friends from over the other side of Oz. Love all the lightning strikes and the wine glass. Perfect with all the wine consumed by Reese W in the movie.

Laurie Unger said...

Thanks for the great challenge choice! I love your movie choice (I've seen it a lot) and how you designed your card around it. Awesome.

Patti J said...

Oh, Cheri...this challenge was SO fun! Thanks for being so creative, my friend, and what a wonderful card! Hugs...!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book