Wednesday, September 14, 2016

SEPTEMBER 2016 DESIGNER'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Hey there, blog friends....

Heather is hosting a Designer's Choice Challenge for us this week at The House That Stamps Built.  Her challenge is "Happy Birthday".  

When I was creating this card, I was hoping to get a "dreamy" like focal image with watercoloing.  I first wet the watercolor paper then inked my stamp and stamped it on the wet surface.  I did a first and second generation stamping for each image.  



I started with a watercolor of RI Stamps #10305-F "Striped Flower Solid".  I made a mask the same size as the forefront panel and stamped the flowers and leaves from RI #10204-D "Leaf Cluster Solid" and  RI# 10207-E "Flower Cluster Solid".  The sentiment is a partial from RI #2502-I "Wishing you Joys".  

Come on over and join myself and all the Rock Stars in Heather's challenge.  Check out what they've done.

                            Deonna - Heather - Joy - Kathy - Laurie - Patti J - Shirley

Details for the challenge and how to enter and what you can win by entering can be found at The House.  I hope you'll get a chance to join us and if you're celebrating a birthday this month....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  





7 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love the "washed" out look you have created. Never have enough birthday cards.

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- lovely watercolor!

Heather said...

Well, you definitely achieved that dreamy quality! This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the color combo.

joy said...

I'm so into the watercoloring! Thanks for explaining your technique. Great card.

Patti J said...

Cheri, this is stunning - what a beautiful look that focal panel has! Great job on the birthday challenge!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous! I love the clear stamped bg and the muted water color over the top -- well done

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book