Sunday, March 23, 2014

OUTLAWZ CAS CHALLENGE

Warm spring greetings, blog friends! 

Were you live, I hope you ARE having a nice spring weather....here in Maine, we have snow, snow and more snow!  The big question we are asking is "will spring truly ever arrive?".   We're expecting another snowstorm mid-week....will that be our last one for this winter season????  We sure hope so!

There's a new CAS challenge over at Outlawz Challenges this week.  It's Pryn's turn and she has a really fun one for you to try.  Outlawz is a free membership site with a new challenge for every day of the week.  Check it out, if you haven't already. 

The CAS challenge for this week is - We are calling this one the "Your So FRAME-ous" Challenge!  It is quite simple to play along.  All you need to do is to create a CAS card or project that uses a frame.  You can die cut it, stamp it, doodle it, ink it...whatever your heart desires (as long as it is clean and simple)!  Frame it all, just your sentiment or focal image or even use it as a design element.  Take the walk of FRAME and show us your best stuff!

See, I told you it was fun. 

Here is a card I created for the challenge

My "frame" was created with a "polaroid" wood veneer embellishment I picked up on sale at Michaels a few weeks back.  I decorated it by inking up a Hamton Arts bg stamp with Heor Arts, "Raspberry Jam" mid-tone Shadow Ink and stamping directly on the wood veneer.  The focal image is from Technique Tuesdays "Animal House" stamp set.  The sentiment is from a set from PTI called "Handwritten Notes". 

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you'll find some time to play along with the CAS challenge this week. 

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Love how you inked the wood frame, and that image is pretty cute too! Great card, Cheri! And...seriously? This weather just sucks! No snow here, but very cold and windy. Wish mom nature would get happy! Hugs...

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book