Sunday, January 8, 2012

Something New

The weekend is now over and another work week begins....blah!  However, without work weeks I would have less play things....okay...Yay! Work Week - let'er rip!

Over at Crazy4Challenges they've got a great challenge to help you use your new toys! 

I got these new stamps from Rogue Redhead just before Christmas and wanted to play with them for this challenge. 

This stamp set reminded me of my three Gt. Aunts; my grandfather's sisters.  They were lovely, lovely ladies and no matter where they went, they dressed up and never, ever went anywhere without a hat on.  They were not only sisters, they were dear, dear friends and absolutely loved each other.  The last one, Hazel, passed away 2 years ago at age 101.  The other two, Lillian and Kathleen lived into their 90's.  I always felt so fortunate to have known them.

So, for Gt. Aunts Lillian (Rosie), Kathleen (Kitty) and Hazel (Chubby [she wasn't]), here's a rememberance.


The stamps are from the "Milliner's Misses" set.  I colored their hats and clothing with Koh-I-Noor Colour Pencils and OMS and colored their faces with Copic Markers.  The dp is from MemoryBox "Enchanted" 6x6 pad.

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned because on Tuesday's blog I'll have an exciting annoucement!!!! 

Cheri

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your so lucky to have known your great Aunts, family is such a blessings and the wisdom the older member pass on can never be forgotten. What beautiful card for a beautiful memory.

Hugs, Lori m

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Cheri! I love the image and how you colored it! How wonderful you knew your great aunts! Looking forward to hearing your news on Tuesday! Hugs, my friend!

Anonymous said...

Totally lovely card, Cheri! Glad these lovely ladies remind you of your great-aunts. I had a great-aunt Kitty too!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Such a sweet memory and a sweet card to remember them by!

Ina G said...

Cheri such a beautiful card with treasured memories.
The curiousity is killing me can't wait till tomorrow.

Vicki Dutcher said...

WELCOME to Repeat Impressions Team! You Go Girl!! You will be a fabulous addition!!

SmilynStef said...

Love the beautiful ladies in purple ... fantastic design.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book