Tuesday, June 14, 2011

JUGS88 Woodgrain Challenge

Hi Blog buddies!  
JUST US GIRLS CHALLENGE 88
As many of you may have figured out, I love playing with techniques in my card making and over at JUGS this week they have a technique challenge using a great technique that was featured on my favorite stamping site, StampTV  by Gina K her own self.   Check out all Gina's fab techniques....just click on any one of them on the right sidebar and discover a fabulous technique world.   


Here is the challenge at JUGS:  


It's time for another technique challenge brought to you by Just Us Girls. I'm sure many of you are gearing up for Dad's day which is rapidly approaching. Well today's technique might just help you out with that - we'd like for you to try out the Woodgrain technique as demonstrated by the lovely and talented Gina K from GinaK Designs. Here's a link to the video tutorial if you are not familiar with this technique.


This is my for this challenge using Gina's woodgrain technique.




For my card, the woodgrain is made to look like a boardwalk (I hope).  Although it was created using Gina's technique I didn't use white ink, I started with white CS (GKD Pure Luxury) and then dragged Distress "Walnut Stain" over my embossing.  I then filled in the "cracks" of the boardwalk with my Copic Marker E37 marker.  This is a variation on Gina's technique and it worked for me on this card.  
The stamps I used are from Gina K Designs newest StampTV Kit "Vintage Chic".  Memento ink "Rich Cocoa" and "Lady Bug" were used to stamp the bikes and the sentiment.  After stamping the red bike I went over it with a Sukura Clear Gelly pen for a little pop.  I created the background using tutorials from Theresa Momber, who is a fabulous GKD DT.  


Thanks so much for stopping by,


Cheri





5 comments:

craftieodmae said...

fantastic card, I love that image!!!!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Great design for this challenge, Cheri!

Sue Lelli said...

Cheri, LOVE your woodgrain at the bottom of the card and those FAB bikes! LOVE the sentiment at LOT!

AKiteFlier said...

WELL done with the woodgrain! I love that you started with white and distressed the other way - it's great to see all the ways we can get the same effect. Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week.

Double Glazing Sutton Coldfield said...

Wood grain powder coating is environmental friendly. It saves on waste and avoids harsh pollutants

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book