Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dinosaur Love

Hi friends!


I have two gorgeous grandchildren - Philip who will be 4 in April and Alexa who will be 3 in June - they're truly my heartbeat.  They both love dinosaurs, so this year, for their Valentine's cards, I decided to use the new stamps by Theresa Momber  (StampTV) entitled "Dino-Mite".  


Philip is going to get this card.


The background is made with a CuttleBug Embossing Folder - it looks like snake skin - on Gina K Design Pure Luxury Card Stock "Sand".  That piece was layered on a piece of "Red Hot" CS, also GKD PL.  The dino image was stamped and then masked.  I then stamped the background and sponged it with Distress Inks.  Once that was done, I pulled off the mask and colored the dinosaur with Copic Markers.  I used Spellbinder's Heart Dyes to cute the hear shape, mounted them on the card layer with popdots.   The sentiment was punched out with a scalloped MS 1 1/2 inch circle punch.  Embellishments are Stickles (for the dino's back) and ribbon.  The base layer of CS is GKD Pure Luxury White.  


Alexa will get this card:




It's a girlie dino.  I used a sketch from the sketch challenge over at StampTV this week for the background.  The papers I used were Basic Grey "Sugar Rush".  This card's focal point was created the same as the one for Philip, stamping, masking, sponging and coloring.  Again Stickles was used for embellishment.  On this card I used Spellbinder Oval Nestabilities and dye cut the sentiment using the smaller heart dye, also from Spellbinder.  


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day!



Cheri

1 comment:

JustYolie said...

Adorable cards, the images are so cute!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book