Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birthday Card

I made this birthday card a few weeks ago for a sweet, sweet lady who's birthday is next month.  (I won't say who it is right now, because I don't know if she visits my blog and I'd like to surprise her).  The card was for a StampTV color challenge using Gina K Pure Luxury card stock in colors white, bubble gum pink and black onyx.  I love this combination of colors and this card came together rather quickly.  


When we were kids, after playing outside on winter days, our woolen mittens used to be all wet and plastered with balls of snow.  We would come in and hang them over the heating grates on the floor to dry.  I thought the flourishes sort of made that kind of scene on this card.  

Card details:


Stamps by Gina K Design, "Winter Mittens" by Nina Brackett and the sentiment is from "Warm and Wonderful" by Rupa Shevde.
Card Stock:  GKD Pure Luxury White, Bubble Gum Pink and Black Onyx.  
Other:  Flourish Punch, CuttleBug Snowflakes EF and Swiss Dots EF and Spellbinder Mitten die.
All products can be purchased at StampTV.  


Thanks for stopping by!



Cheri

4 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Love your card and the story behind it -- the "heating grates" are very creative!

craftieodmae said...

well didn't you just take us back in time LOL, Gorgeous card and she'll love it!!!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great card, Cheri! Now you have me thinking about how we hung them on the heater pipes in the basement. Too funny!

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love this.....!!!!! You did really well with those colors and love the story, I remember doing that. I couldn't lift my hands because my mittens had so much snow stuck to them and then I left them on the heater. This is great!!!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book