Wednesday, January 10, 2018

JANUARY 2018 - TIC, TAC, TOE CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello house friends!!! 

Here we are with a new challenge for you from The House That Stamps Built - the second one this month - and today it's the popular TTT challenge.  Did you have a chance to play in our Designer's Choice Challenge from last week?  If not, you still have time - in fact you can get in all the challenges we offer each week until the month closes.  



Disclaimer:  We have been having some horrible weather these past few weeks and it's been very cloudy.  This photo of my card doesn't compliment it well, it looks better in real life.  That said, I chose the first vertical row for my card, (gems, water colors, off the edge)  However, as you can see, I also got the horizontal middle row (water colors, blue, embossing).  The stamps I used are RI#2714-D "Sm. Pine Forest" and RI#5131-I "Pine Needles Sil".  The sentiment is RI#8607-D "Thanks".  

The background was created using Distress Inks as water colors on 140# watercolor paper.  I was playing around with them one day and created a whole bunch of panels using different colors.  (You may see more in the future).  What was amazing, and made the panel interesting on this one was the paper pilled.  That horizon line is the paper’s pilled line when I added too much water.  The bottom was Faded Jeans and the top “sky” was Tumbled Glass.  This was unintended, I’m not good at water coloring at all, so I love it when a “gift” like this happens.   


Oh, just look at the inspiration you'll find on these blogs....

 Donna - Heather - Joy - Laurie - Esther Shirley  

The challenge is open, come on over and play along.  All the details can be found at THE HOUSE.  

Thanks for stopping by and thank you all for your comments.  They mean so much to me.  









8 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!

Donna said...

What an amazing scene, I like how you framed the top with pine needles. What did you use on the background, it is stunning!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This is a lovely card and a gorgeous scene.

Glittered Paws said...

Oh love how your mistake turned out beautifully. Totally captures the weather feeling.

Esther Asbury said...

Cherri, you're a master at creating beautiful scenes! Love the pine needles across the top....such a neat effect!

Heather said...

If this looks better in real, I cannot image how stunning it is!! Because it looks gorgeous in the photo! Your scene is fabulous and what a fortuitous oops with the horizon line; it looks perfectly on purpose! Awesome card all around.

Laurie Unger said...

I think you have become the queen of scenes! Outstanding job!

joy said...

What a calm and peaceful setting you have created! I love how you have used the pine needles to frame your scene. Very nicely done!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book