Wednesday, January 17, 2018

JANUARY 2018 INSPIRATION CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello, House friends!  

The newest challenge at The House That Stamps Built is an inspiration challenge.  I really enjoy doing these challenges because they make me think outside the box and create freely.  



The image on this card is one of the fabulous Repeat Impressions Lighthouse stamps.  If you love lighthouses (and I do) these are really fun stamps to work with.  In this case I used RI#1407-P "Winter Harbor Light, Lg".  I chose a neutral color card stock and colored the image with my PrismaColor Pencils in white and light greys and blues.  To create the sun/moon, I used a round punch and created a hole in a Post It note.  After adhering it to the area I wanted the sun/moon to be,  I lightly sponged some white pigment ink into the negative area.  After the pigment ink was dry, I die cut the panel, used Pumice Stone Distress Ink to distress the edges, and finally, with my white gel pen, I added "snow".  The sentiment is RI#1145-F "Greetings from..." and was stamped in a dark grey ink.  

Here's the inspiration piece.  I was inspired by the neutral colors and the texture from the trees which I transfered to the rocks on my image.  



For more fabulous ideas on using this inspiration, check out what fabulous pieces my team mates have done.  


Now it's your turn to get creative and have some fun with this inspiration.  Come on over and play along with this week's challenge at The House.  All the details on how to play can be found there.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope to see you in the challenge.  

I'm adding my card to the new Simon Says Wednesday Challenge "Add a Sentiment". 





11 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent neutral colors! So pretty with the added snow

Donna said...

This is just gorgeous, I would not of thought of using a lighthouse, it is perfect, like the snow and how the moon is very faint!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - and you are right who doesn't love lighthouses?? This looks like a postcard - and as cold as MO. is I'll stay here - we just don't get that much snow. Great job with the inspiration.

Esther Asbury said...

I thought this challenge was a little harder and was anxious to see all the different ways the DT interpreted the inspiration board. As usual, you took it to thee next level with your gorgeous card! I absolutely love that you created a wintery lighthouse scene...so cool!

Ina G said...

I have always loved that stamp and you have made it into a masterpiece. Simply beautiful with all that falling snow. The wonky die makes it even more beautiful SS. Hope the weather conditions have eased over your way as ours has for a short time.

Beth Norman said...

So gorgeous.

Heather said...

Cheri!!! This is (again) so stunning!!! Using the darker card stock was genius and creates a fabulous winter sky. Love that you can use that greeting stamp, too. Such a gorgeous card.

joy said...

Love, love this card - not just because I love Maine lighthouses, but I like the snow you have created. Great, great card!

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful job with the inspiration challenge this week!

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card! Such a pretty image!! Great design!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book