Sunday, July 4, 2010

Red, White and Blue Thank You

Okay, now I know I need to get a life.....2 postings in one day and on the 4th of July, no less!  I should be making my potato salad, but I wanted to get these cards posted for the challenges I wanted to play in this week soooooo.....here's my card for the Mark's Finest Papers and Speedy the Cat's Challenge 10, to use a DIE CUT on your card.

I seem to be in a patriotic mood today (what else?) I made this card clean and simple, even my husband liked it - and I don't believe I've ever put a card together so fast.


Supplies: CS: GKD Pure Luxury White, Red Hot and In the Navy.  DP: Used for the "ribbon" effect behind the die is GKD Free Digi "Stars and Stripes" All from StampTV.  Sentiment is from GKD "Hip to be Square" by Melanie Muenchinger - This seems to be my favorite "go to" set when I'm looking for sentiments that fit inside small areas.  The Dies I used are Spellbinders, Shapeabilities Pendent "Lotus" and Nestabilities "Small Classic Inverted Scalloped Circles".  The nail head embellies are from GKD

I'm behind in my cardmaking - but I'm catching up with this long weekend.  Okay, gotta go! the great outdoors is calling me and so is that potato salad I need to make.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Cheri


3 comments:

Betty Benton said...

This card is such an eye-catcher! Love those nailheads on the die cut pendant -- they're a perfect accent!

Patti P. said...

Cheri, love both of your cards...I too have been in my stamp room today....it's a good life.
Happy 4th to you and yours.

Claudine Poch said...

Very nice and elegant! Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Blog Archive

There was an error in this gadget

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book