Monday, July 5, 2010

College Bound

Hi peeps,

I hope you all had a great 4th of July!  WOW, is this summer flying by or what????  The temps here in Maine today are well over 90 F and spending any amount of time outside is nearly impossible.  (Unless you're able to get to the beach or have a pool in your backyard)  I put some plants in early this morning, watered my container plants and that's about all I've done outside.  Maybe later when it cools down, I'll pull some weeds in the  flower gardens - or is it flowers in the weed garden????  Hmmm!

A co-worker's son is headed for college this fall and I wanted to make a card for him and I got this idea from the Papertrey Ink website.

  I used GKD Pure Luxury CS for the base in Kraft, Chocolate Kiss and Red Hot.  I used a piece of an old map for the dp and I distressed it with Distress Inks, Antique Linen and Worn Lipstick.  I tore the definition "future" from an old dictionary I got free at a yard sale and I distressed that too.  The car stamp fits the occasion because his grandparents pooled together an bought him a great older grey card, had it overhauled, making it road ready and gave it to him as a gift.  I colored the car with Copic Markers and added Crystal 3-D effects to the headlights giving them dimension.  I added a little compass  I picked up at my LSS "Stamp N Scrap" in Gardiner, ME.  (Ruth Ann has some exceptionally cute things there and tons of stamps and other goodies.)  Finally, I added some twine for additional embellishment and dimension.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a GREAT day!

Cheri

No comments:

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book