Monday, February 25, 2019

MY PICKS OF THE WEEK FOR THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hey there House friends!!! 

It's Cheri and it's my turn to select some awesome Repeat Impressions Stamps for you this week, which you can purchase for 20% off....but hurry, the discount is only for one week!!! 

My picks are RI#4216-M Gray Wolf, 815-N Moose, 4218-K Whitetail Deer and Fawn and 1112-E Just a Note.  

A little back story:  I was in a local Hallmark store a few weeks before Christmas this past year, picking up my traditional Hallmark tree ornaments, and I over heard a man blowing out frustrating groans while looking at the selection of packaged card sets.  He offhandedly said, "all I want is to find a package of note cards for a guy".  A sales clerk stepped over to him and asked if she could help and he told he was looking for a package of note cards for his son to give his male teacher for a Christmas gift.  

Well, that's all this card maker needed to hear to set the wheels in my head turning, and I thought for my next POTW I would create just such a package of cards, and this is what I came up with.  There are two of each image in the package for a total of 6 cards.  



To create this set of cards here are the supplies I used:  My selection of stamps, an ink (VersaFine Smoky Grey) for sponging the background, darker ink for stamping, and colored pencils for coloring (you could use whatever coloring medium you like).  



I made the masks using a circle die and an oval die and cut them on simple copy paper...the thinner the better then sponged the ink inside the mask.   



Using my MISTI stamp positioner (extremely helpful for this technique), I stamped the image within the area of the sponging where I wanted it to be.  I did this with each image.  


I used the same color of pencils to lightly color in specific areas of each of the images for highlight and continuity.  I kept the colors neutral and earthy in order to give the stamps the spotlight.  

Here they are singly...











No comments:

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book