Wednesday, August 29, 2018

AUGUST 2018 SKETCH CHALLENGE FOR THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Happy Wednesday House Friends!!!!! 

Can you believe August is over?  Summer is nearly at an end?  I'm in disbelief!!!! Where do those summer days go?  I was lamenting that thought while I created my card for this week's challenge.  

There's a 5th Wednesday in this month, and therefore an additional challenge for the month at The House That Stamps Built, and it's a sketch challenge.  





I used RI stamps #4511-I "Kite", 9003-E "Happy Summer" and 9005-E "Flutter By".  The kites were colored with Copic Markers.  The sentiment was the creative challenge on this  card.  I used scotch tape to mask certain areas on each sentiment stamp in order to get the words positioned just right.  I also used a sheet of acrylic packaging to make sure my words were positioned where I wanted them, as I used my MISTI.  

For detail, I added Washi tape to the far edge and some stenciling. I used an edge die  to put focus on the kites....(I rarely use this die....note to self....you have too much stuff).  

I hope you found some inspiration here today and if you'd like more, please check out the blogs of my incredible team mates


Please join our challenge!  You can find the details at THE HOUSE. If you play along with each of our challenges every week, you get multiple enteries in winning a $25.00 GC for Repeat Impressions stamps.  The more you enter the more chances you have of winning.  







6 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

This sketch had me puzzled for a bit - but love your take on this sketch. The kites are darling - great job.

Esther Asbury said...

I LOVE your take on the sketch, Cheri! Always fun to see someone "stretch the sketch" a bit. Love how you did your kites and the bright/happy colors you used! Such an adorable card!

Donna said...

What a fun summer card, like the display of the kites, the yellow sunshine stenciling is a great touch along with the scallop border!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

This card definitely says "summer" to me!

Laurie Unger said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, Cheri. Love everything about this.

Heather said...

What a fun take on this sketch! And you definitely created a nice, summery card; I can almost feel the warmth from the sun rays. : )

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book