Wednesday, March 1, 2017

HI THERE JUNKIES,  (Note:  I have two posts today.  If you're looking for the House That Stamps Built Designer's Choice Chalenge, please go to the next post)
  
Welcome to the March 2017 New Stamp Release blog hop for Technique Junkies!!!! 

For your shopping pleasure, Pat is offering a 15% off all of these new stamps from now until March 8, 2017 and the discount will show up in your shopping cart.  

If you didn't start this hop at the Technique Junkies Blog you can link back and see the beginning - If you did and you came here from the incredibly talented TJ Designer Lanette Erickson you're in the correct order and on your way.... Didn't you love Lanette's creation?  Don't miss any blogs...we all have different stamps to show off and you'll have a blast seeing all these creations.  

Here are a few cards I made with some of the new stamps.  First up, I made this one using "Queen".  I think this is such a fabulous stamp with the combined sentiment. She looks so regal, doesn't she?  I used an older Cheery Lynn "Cathedral Lace" die for the background.  The card base is kraft and I stamped the image on kraft as well.  To help her pop and give her some depth, I used a grey Copic Marker and outlined the image after stamping it with Archival Black Ink.  I highlighted her lips with a red glitter pen...it gave her some sass!!!! LOL.  



My next card uses this fabulous silhouette stamp "Baby Makes Three".  I had to stamp it several times, using my MISTI (what did I ever do before I had such a fabulous tool?) because I used watercolor paper to build a watercolor background on both the card layer and the image layer.  I wanted to the image to appear as though it is emerging from the bg piece.  I hope it does.  



My final card shows off another fabulous image and sentiment combination stamp called "Love and Laughter Floral" .  For the bg on this one, I did some baby wipe blending with various dye ink colors in the lavendar/purple color family.  I decided to stamp the image with "Potting Soil" Archival Ink and I loved how that worked for this image.  I used my polychromo pencils to color the foral and used my white gel pen to highlight the berries and the words, love, laughter and joy.  



I hope you've had some fun here today, thanks so much for stopping by.  Now head on over to my friend and TJ teamie, Kathy Stacy.  I know she's going to rock your creative world.  

Here's the entire blog hop list for your convenience.  



I hope you have some crafty fun today,


7 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Wowza, you did an awesome job with your stamps. Yes, you even gave the lady "sass" with the red lipstick.

StampingJudy said...

Great cards, Cheri!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

All are terrific, Cheri.

Kathy S said...

I see you liked "Queen" too. Has to be my favorite of the bunch this month. The red baby really makes her pop. Really Nice Cheri!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Loving your cards- this is a great release! The sassy queen is beautiful, and I love the baby makes three card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your first card is very cool love the other ones too

Lanette said...

Stunning cards!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book