Wednesday, March 20, 2019

MARCH 2019 INSPIRATION CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello House Peeps!!!! 

There's a new inspiration challenge at The House That Stamps Built and it's beautiful.  We hope you'll be inspired and join us.  I was inspired by the colors and the ethereal sense I got from the photo.

My card uses Repeat Impressions Stamps #9204-M "Water Lilies and Dragonflies"   and #9206-H "Beautiful Days" from the Beautiful Days set.  

This card was an evolution of techniques and applications.  I first started by stamping my image onto a neutral colored card stock base with a neutral color ink in order for a no line image effect.  I then colored it in with Chameleon Colortone pencils.  

I made a mask for the stamped image and then lightly inked some Distress Oxide Inks over it and around the panel.  Distress Oxide inks don't blend, so you can apply multiple colors without muddying the results.  After removing the mask, I then used Copic markers to blend around the tiny images and this achieved (I think) the ethereal feel. 

I felt the panel needed a little more something-something, so I splattered it with some white, gray and deep purple acrylic paint.  (That might have been a little too much).  

Finally, the panel was die cut, I stamped the sentiment and it was mounted on a white card stock base.     


Here is the inspiration board, what inspires you from this?  



Come on over and play along...all the details can be found at THE HOUSE.   And don't miss out on the creations my team mates have made, check out their blogs for more inspiration.  


That's it...have a great day and keep it crafty!!! 


8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Cheri, your coloring and blending on this image is absolutely amazing!! Wow - just Wow! I love the splatters and drips in the background as well -- perfect finishing touch!

craftieodmae said...

Gorgeous!!

Glittered Paws said...

All I can say is beautiful - love the splatters.

Donna said...

Amazing take on the photo inspiration, beautiful coloring and your background is amazing!

Heather said...

This is so gorgeous!!! Love your fabulous coloring! And I don't think the splatter are too much at all; they really finish it off perfectly!

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome coloring and I love your background!!!

joy said...

Wow Cheri! I really like your card. The colors and so subtle and right on target. You have created some great texture also!

Ina G said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeautiful card SS. Amazing colouring and I LOVE your splatters. Adds so much interest.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book