Wednesday, January 2, 2019

JANUARY 2019 DESIGNER'S CHOICE CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Happy New Year, House friends!!! 

We begin a new year, and a new month of weekly challenges from The House That Stamps Built.  

You're invited to join the challenges all month long, any time during the month.  At the end of the month, one of the entries will be drawn to win a $25.00 gift certificate to Repeat Impressions Stamps.  

To begin this month, Esther has a designer's choice challenge for us and she has selected "snow globe" as her challenge.  


I love this snow globe stamp.  It's RI#8902-L "Moose Snow Globe".  Repeat Impressions has a fabulous collection of snow globe stamps, and I'm sure you can find one you'd love to add to your collection.  The snowy background was created by stamping in white gouache for more texture using RI#8914 "Snowflake Solid (sm)", #8916-E "Snowflake Outline (sm)", #8917-I "Snowflake Outline (lg)" .   The sentiment is RI#424-G "Wishing You a Season".

I was inspired to try and create a no line coloring technique of the Moose Snow Globe with Faber-Castell Polychromos color pencils after watching a video by Debby Hughes.  I loved the process and changed a few things, such as where Debby used a white gel pen for highlighting, I used a Posca pen.  

I used a nesting torn edge die by Penny Black to frame the globe panel.  

Come on over and join us as we take Esther's challenge of "snow globe".  All the details are at The House.  

For more incredible snow globe creations please visit my team mates blogs.  They have some awsome things to show you.   


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  




9 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Simply gorgeous!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh Cheri, I LOVE your take on the challenge this week. The browns you used give this a very woodsy feel, and WOW - your no-line color approach is perfect! I love the subtle snowflakes stamped in the background as well! Such a gorgeous card.

Laurie Unger said...

Oh, this is wonderful! Love what you did with this DCC. It is so outdoorsy and lovely. Great card!

Donna said...

This is amazing, gorgeous design and love your no line coloring and the coloring with the Polychromes. I got these for Christmas and need to play with them!

Ina G said...

Simply magnificent SS. Truly stunning in every way. Looks so real. Happy New Year to you and Karl.

Heather said...

Beautiful! It's so rustic looking and the no line coloring is fabulous!!

Glittered Paws said...

Oh wow your no line coloring is awesome - something I have not tried yet. Looking at the snowglobe selection of stamps and trying to decide which one to order, this one is one of my favorites.

Vicki Dutcher said...

What an awesome night time snow globe

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful....well done mf.
:) Karen

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book