Saturday, July 1, 2017

JULY 2017 NEW STAMP RELEASE FOR TECHNIQUE JUNKIES


Extra, extra.....it's blog hop time for a new July stamp release from Technique Junkies stamps!!!  All the new released stamps will be available at a 15% off discount until JULY 8.  

If you came from the uber talented Lanette's blog, you're in the right place.  That lady is loaded with talent, isn't she?  If you stopped by and didn't see the beginning of the hop, you can start it HERE.  



It's nearly time for the great American celebration of Independence Day on July 4th, and the official opening of summer!  This set  "Watermelon Summer" is fabulous...loaded with space for coloring or embellishing any way you want.  The technique I used to achieve the look here was watercoloring Distress Inks on kraft cs and enhancing the color with Copic Markers.


I had a watercolor paper scrap that I had used to play with my Color Burst powerders.  It had been sitting around for a few weeks and when I saw this new "Palm Collage", I thought I'd use the scrap as a background for it. Stamped in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with white ep.  I combined it with the new sentiment "When the Sky Touches the Sea"  which was heat embossed on vellum in black ep.   


What a fabulous stamp "Part of the Dance" is.  I think the sentiment is so uplifting and sends a positive message...and easy stamp to use in so many instances.  The bg was created by blowing the watercolor drops through a straw.  



Another fabulous stamp being released this month is "Perspective".  I can relate so well to this sentiment and I love the image that accompanies it.  I hand drew an "awing" over the top of the swing to ground it.  I added some Washi tape to "top" the awing.  The background was made with a paper napkin.   

I have a coupon for you if you'd like to get a 10% discount on all TJ stamps (excluding the July release stamps).  Just use it at check out and enjoy your purchase.  


INVITE:  We have a FB page....we'd love you to join.
INVITE:  We have a new challenge...we'd love you to play along!  

That's it from me.  Now head on over to the incredible blog of Kathy Stacy and see her incredible creations.  Enjoy the hop. 





















10 comments:

Kathy S said...

I love the paper napkin technique you've done here Cheri. So, so beautiful. The watercolor background on your dancer is alive too. Great cards!

Lanette said...

STUNNING!!! Truly a lovely collection of cards.

Helen said...

What a great collection of art creations. Love your use of silhouettes on various backgrounds -- the napkin, the color burst paper. Can't wait to try some of these myself. Thanks for sharing it all.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome cards showcasing the new release. The last one is gorgeous with the boats in the view of her swing. Well done mf!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

I love watermelon so you can guess which card is my favorite. Have a wonderful 4th Holiday, Cheri.

Patti J said...

Sigh....these are just incredible, and so calming! Love them, dear friend!!! Thanks for sharing :)

jules said...

Nothing says summer like juicy slices of watermelon! Sweet card, but I especially like the card made from the Perspective stamp, simply beautiful!

Lori said...

I love your use of Perspective. Excellent job.

Ina G said...

WOW! haven't you done the new release stamps proud with your amazing creations. All so gorgeous and such different techniques. Love them all SS.

Beth Norman said...

Wowza, your work rocks. Love how you stamped over that cute napkin. Your Palm Collage is very intriging and I just might have to CASE it. Love your blown background too.

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book