Tuesday, April 18, 2017

DISTRESS OXIDE INKS, GOOD THOUGHTS AND SUNBEAMS

Hello there junkies.....

I recently purchased some Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks from Technique Junkies Store and I couldn't wait to play with them.  

I first have to tell you how incredibly smooth these inks are to blend, and layering them was so much fun...once I started, it seemed like I couldn't stop.  If you haven't tried them, let me enable you....you will love them! 

Here's a card I made building multiple layers of DOI and a stencil.  The Technique Junkies stamp I used for this card is "Shine Like Sunbeams" .  The words in the stamp are open, and I to help make them pop a little more, I used a gray Memento marker to fill in the open areas.  



The stencil I used is from Memory Box.  After doing all my ink playing, I sprinkled some water on the layer and blotted it off for some added dimension.  I also sprayed some Perfect Pearl spay over the panel for some additional pazazz!  

If you love techniques, join our FaceBook Page  and see what we're all up to.  

Also, you're invited to join the new MONTHLY CHALLENGE where we showcase a new technique each month, give you the tutorial and an opportunity to win a $25.00 gift certificate to the TJ Store.   This month (April 2017) the technique is Tie Dye.  Check out THIS post for more information.  

Can't wait to win and want you some TJ Stamps...I have a discount code for you...use TJ10Cheri at check out and you'll be given 10% off your entire order of stamps.  

Have a crafty week and I hope to see you in our new mothly challenges as well as on our FB page.  


6 comments:

Beth Norman said...

Stunning. The soft colours are so spring-like. The stencil adds a nice touch.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

A beautiful and inspirational card! Fabulous, Cheri.

Glittered Paws said...

Loving the new oxide inks, I still need a little practice but oh what fun. Love your sunbeam stencil and the sentiment is perfect.

Ina G said...

Absolutely gorgeous SS. Love the soft colours and that stencil looks fabulous.Love the sentiment.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous! I have mine coming soon. Can't wait to play with them :)

Cheryl S. said...

Hi Cheri - your card is gorgeous and so colorful. Outstanding and very creative!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book