Wednesday, February 22, 2017

FEBRUARY 2017 ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE AT THE HOUSE THAT STAMPS BUILT

Hello there!  

Today is a new challenge for us at The House That Stamps Built and it's one of our followers favorites, Anything Goes.  

I'm always in need (or so it seems) for male birthday cards, so that's what I decided to create for the challenge this week.  


I created this card by first stamping the Mason jar RI#9701-S "Jar With Lid", on a separate panel of white card stock.  I then colored it with Copic Markers.  I then stamped the ship RI#9508-J "Ship (in a bottle)" and colored that with Copics as well.  After fussy cutting the image I then ran it through a bubble embossing folder for "texture".  I wasn't pleased with the raised bubbles so ran the image back through the die cutting machine just between the embossing plates.  This flattened the raised bubbles and I liked it much better.  

I stamped the jar image a second time on some fun foam and cut the shape out and placed it behind the colored image so I could lift the image off the background layer, giving it demension.  I stamped RI#2501-H "Happy Birthday From..." (using only a portion of the stamp) in VersaMark ink and heat embossed white ep to make it pop. For some fun detail I added clear Nova Chrylstal drops. 

Come on over and play along with our ATG challenge.  The details on how to enter the challenge, and what you can win, are at THE HOUSE.    

You won't want to miss the cards from these awesome team mates of mine...

Deonna - Donna - Heather - Joy - Laurie - Patti J - Shirley 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I truly appreciate your comments.  

Have a fabulous day!  


10 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Stunning!!!

Donna said...

This is a fabulous masculine card Cheri! I thought that was bubble wrap until I read your post, great dimension and like the Nuvo drops too!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- Love this and the technique you used is totally awesome! Well done, my friend.

Glittered Paws said...

Totally awesme - love this ship - so versatile andlove your textured mason jar - what a great idea.

Beth Norman said...

What a unique idea to stamp the ship in the jar. I have a jar stamp and have trouble thinking of what to do with it. It seems like we are always in the need of male cards. I find them hard to do. This card is awesome.

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome card, Cheri! So very creative.

Heather said...

This is so awesome!!! I LOVE it! The texture from the embossing folder is fabulous and the layout is super cool!

joy said...

This is great coloring! That lid looks real! I love that you put the jar on its side.

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! That added texture looks awesome

Patti J said...

Great idea for a manly card, Cheri! Your creativity always amazes me!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book