Sunday, November 10, 2013

NEW CAS CHALLENGE AT OUTLAWZ

Hi blog friends!!! 



Here in the USA we're celebrating Veteran's Day on Monday.  I personally would like to thank my brothers and my nephew and niece who have served and are serving.  I thank those before them, my father and my uncles and the families that stood by and supported them.  Thank you for the freedoms we cherish so dearly. 

There's a new CAS Challenge at Outlawz Challenges and this week, Lynn Cupido is challenging us.  Here is Lynn's challenge - I hope you'll come over and play along with us.

Our challenge for you this week is “Remembrance/Celebrate".

Our loved ones that have left our physical world are always in our thoughts and prayers and this week we challenge you to create a CAS card or project in their favourite colours, theme or even animal treat or toy.

Here is a card I made for Lynn's challenge

 
With this card, I'm remembering my grandmother (my mom's mother).  She was such a dear, dear friend and an influential person in my life.  She used to have a pear tree in her garden and in the fall when the pears were ripe, she would make sure my brothers and sister and I had one in our school lunch bags every day.  The other day I took a pear to work with me - and at lunch time, when I opened my lunch bag and this whiff of pear came out, it brought back those sweet memories of Deedee (that's what we called her) and of the kind and caring lady she was.  I still miss her terribly yet, I was so blessed to have known her and had her in my life.

I started by die cutting the pear and the flourish detail with these Memory Box dies.  I sponged the pear with some Distress Inks to get the reddish shading.  I sprayed the embellishment with some Perfect Pearls Mists.  I adhered it to the pear with glue stick pen.  I created the bg layer with a Hero Arts bg stamp called "Envelope Patterns".  I first stamped it with white pigment ink and then again with gold on grey cs.  The base layer is Hero Arts Layering paper.  I rounded the bottom corners, adhered the pear to the grey layer and adhered that layer to the card base.  The leaf and stem were cut using scraps.  I highlighted the leaf, stem, and various areas of the embellishment with my new Wink of Stella glitter pens (I love, love, love them).   

That's it for now!  Thanks so much for stopping by. 

No comments:

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book