Sunday, July 8, 2012

Christmas In July at Outlawz

Hi blog friends! 

What a fantastic 2 weeks it's been at Outlawz and our "Where in the World" celebration!  I really hope you had an opportunity to join in on some of the fabulous games and challenges.  Good luck on being a winner if you did!!!  Winners will be announced Wednesday, July 11 at the Outlawz.  It was such fun to see all the CAS challenge creations, and I'm glad it's a random drawing, because who could choose from all of the fabulous entries? 

Today my post is for week two in Outlawz July CAS challenge- "Christmas in July".  I know many other challenge sites have the same theme going on, however the Outlawz CAS DT is adding a tiny addition....your card must be inspired by a Christmas or holiday song. Here are the specifics...While the weather outside is not so frightful, we challenge you to put on your favorite holiday carol/song, or wintery song, and use it as inspiration for your CAS project this week. Please include what song inspired you :) Remember, this song can be used to inspire you in ANY way...even it is not a Christmas/Winter Holiday card.

My card was inspired by the song, "I'll Be Home For Christmas".  I get so emotional whenever I hear it.  Aside from Christmas carols, this is the Christmas song my mother loves most.  (Being that she's of the "Greatest Generation" and this was a WWII song what it means to her goes without saying). 


I paper pieced the heart balloon from "Big Boys Toys" by RI with scrap pieces from Authentique "Glory" dp.  The sentiment is also from RI -  #3703 and today, last day, it's available for 50% off for RI blog members.  Every Monday there's a stamp offered to blog members for 50% off.  The bg is PTI "Spring Rain" CS die cut (negatives) with Memory Box cloud dies.  The base CS is GKD Pure Luxury White and Black Onyx.  The "ribbon" is a piece of Trendy Tape that I adhered to CS and cut.  The USA also came from a scrap piece of Authentique "Glory" paper.

Can't wait to see what Christmas/Holiday song inspires your CAS card.  Good luck and have fun!  See you at Outlawz!

Thanks so much for stopping by!











1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great card -- I like the reverse clouds!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book