Monday, April 4, 2011

Speedy The Cat's Challenge #49

A new challenge over at Speedy the Cat's Friends place....I had to play.  
Here are the rules: This week Geri has challenged us to spotlight any animal on your card.  
If you use a stamp from Mark's Finest Papers you'll be entered in the challenge twice for a better chance of winning the prize. 

I love this "Big Cats" set that I got about a month (or so) ago from Mark's Finest Papers and I especially love the lion face, so I just had to use him here.  


"In the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight..." I know, I've got you singing now, don't I?  Me too!  Yikes!


I debated coloring the spotlight face of the lion, but I decided I'd let the stamp stand alone in both cases, the background and the spotlight.  I was hoping to create a "no frills" card for a "no frills" kinda guy.  (But then there's that lacy doily thingy haloing his head) 




Details:  I used Gina K Pure Luxury CS Ivory and Black Onyx for this card.   
DP is Basic Grey "Granola".  
Stamp Set:  Speedy Cat's Friends "Big Cats".  
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Coca
Misc:  Spellbinders Shapeabilities Pendants "Eyelets"
Fiber ribbon:  Gina K Designs 


Check out all the exciting things happening over at Speedy's the Cat Friend's place the blog of.....aka Mark's Finest Papers.  


Thanks for stopping by.













Cheri

6 comments:

Sara I. said...

So amazing ! Love the neutrals used together and the way you two toned and popped the image - fantastic!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- You got this challenge right! Wonderful job on the spotlight and the design of your card! Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

OMGosh! Cheri, this is OUTSTANDING!!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so dramatic and exotic....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

redwasher1 said...

Fabulous card Cheri!!!
Thanks for playing Speedy's Friends.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh fabulous job on the spotlighting!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!!

ps - Feel free to always CASE - its the ultimate compliment!!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book