Friday, March 11, 2011

StampTV CSS Alumni Color Challenge Blog Hop

WELCOME!  To the first of StampTV Center Stage Spotlight DT March Blog Hops!  We're so happy you're taking these hops with us and we love reading your comments.  If you've come from the exceptionally talented Carolina's blog, then you're in the right place.  If not, then we invite you to take this hope from THE BEGINNING so that you can see all of the fabulous inspiration that this talented group has to offer.  

This is a COLOR CHALLENGE BLOG HOP and our projects are showcasing this week's Color Challenge at StampTV.  


I love this color combination and couldn't wait to create with it.  That said, I found myself in a quagmire of ideas formulating in my head and when it was time to put those ideas to paper, I felt like a cat trying to throw a fur ball LOL,  (sorry for the graphic).  

I made two cards although I had other designs flowing in my head....yet, I needed a quick birthday card and this is the what ended up on my craft table.


After making this card, I realized I had used a different green card stock other than the one that Gina had in her challenge.  The green CS I used is "Green Apple" not "Fresh Asparagus" as Gina has in her challenge...I think it still worked okay! 

Details:  Stamp Set is "Labeled with Love" and it's framed with Nestabilities Labels 14 that has been embossed with EF.  DP is Basic Grey "Cappella".  Roses are Prima.

I used "Fresh Asparagus" CS on my next card


Details:  I used PL CS  "Fresh Asparagus" for the base of this card and used "Soft Sand" for the frame layer then embossed the leaf branch on "White".  I used this Tonic Punch to make the corners.  The focal image is from the stamp set "You Are Not Alone" and the sentiment is from  the stamp set "Framed Greetings".  The ends of the jute ribbon were left unconnected and I tied a bow on the "tail" of the long end with twine.  All products can be purchased from StampTV

I LOVE taking these hops with all of you.  Thanks so very much for stopping by and don't forget to add a card to the color challenge STVCSP15 (PLEASE USE CAPITAL LETTERS FOR THE CHALLENGE TAG) and you'll be enter to win a FREE Gina K, StampTC stampset of your choice valued up to $24.95.  

Now hop on over to the fabulous Deb Felts blog.  She's got something fantastic to show you.  

Have a GREAT weekend!


Cheri



38 comments:

Miesje said...

Oh Cheri these are so pretty! I love the flowers on the first one and using the twine (or whatever it is called) on the second is awesome!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Cheri- Gorgeous cards! Love the both of them!

Lori said...

I does work ok!! ;) Both cards are gorgeous!!!

Sharri said...

Cheri, Beautiful cards! I love the green apple with the soft sand too!

stampqueen said...

Beautiful cards - love the DP and flowers on the first one!!

Diana said...

Love your cards. I am amazed how well those colors go together on a card

Janie said...

Love your cards, but Happy Birthday's my favorite.

Theresa Momber said...

Cheri, your cards are both so beautiful! Love the clean, crisp layers.

Lagene said...

Love the CAS and the 1st card is gorgeous, love your flowers & scalloped boarder!

Donna said...

Both of your cards are stunning!! Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Cards!!

Carolina said...

Adorable card Cheri - love all the white and the way you added the other two colors...just beautiful in every way!

Joni said...

Lovely cards. Elegant but not fussy.

craftieodmae said...

both cards are gorgeous! I love those colors together!

Stephanie said...

Both cards are really nice! But my favourite is the first one!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

They are both lovely, Cheri!

Sonia said...

I love both of your cards. I love layers and I also love using embossing folders so your cards are just my cup of tea!

peggy wainman said...

Both cards are beautiful! Love what you did with the jute on the 2nd card!

Debbie Rogers said...

Both are just beautiful. Love the rosettes on the 1st card!

Deb said...

Love them both, Cheri! I love the elegance of the first, and the way you knotted the jute on the 2nd.

--Marcy said...

Such a wonderful color combination - reminds me of spring - and that is soooo good right now!

Sandy said...

Stunning cards Cheri!! I could not choose which one I like better:)

Marsha said...

Beautiful. Love what you did with the twine.

Jessica said...

Lovely cards. I love the 'thinking of you' card's sentiment. TFS

NanaConnie said...

Both cards are just fabulous! Love the border- punched piece on the first and the flower on the second is incredible!

HankandRose said...

Wow!!! What Talent!!! Both cards are BEAUTIFUL!!!

kathy i said...

love the thank you card

Golda said...

Those are lovely.

Lynn B. said...

Lovely!

redwasher1 said...

Both of your cards are beautiful!!!

Tamara said...

Well done! after reading all the Blogs I just want to agree !! Love it!

Debra said...

Both cards are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are lovely

Carla S. said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Cheri! Fantastic job with the colors!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Cheri, love the scalloped punch!

Betty Neville said...

Beautiful cards Cheri! The lovely flowers are the perfect touch on your first card, and I love how your image pops on the second card (plus cool way to tie ribbon!)

joy said...

Fantastic cards. I love the colors and flower embellis on the first and I love the jute ribbon treatment on the 2nd.

Melissa said...

First off Cheri, your cards are beautiful. Now, I have to tell you, I have never met anyone else who uses the term quagmire..now I know you really are special! :)

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book