Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another Week Flies By!

Hello my friends!

"Where does the time go"???  I often heard my grandmother say that and I had NO idea what she was talking about.  In my world the time dragged by - now I'm in her world and I GET IT!

I have a ton of things to do this week so I hope this one doesn't fly by quite as fast as last week did.

That being said, I thought I'd show you a couple of challenge cards I did this week over at StampTV.  The first one is for my friend Carla's color challenge.  Make a card using the colors of the Gina K Pure Luxury Romance card stock set.  It's a beautiful grouping of reds.

Here's what I came up with.

The colors I chose for this card were Lipstick Red and Innocent Pink.  The dp is from the DCWV "Garden Party" pack.  Stamps are from Gina K, "A Year of Flowers" designed by Melanie Muenchinger.  I used Copic Markers to color the rose, leaves and stem and then I outlined the rose petals with 3D Crystal Laquer.

My second challenge posting this week will be for Giovana's Christmas Card and she has challenges us to use up scraps  (Great idea).

I used GKD Pure Luxury CS "All Spruced Up" for the base and then layered it with "Wine With Everything".  On an Ivory panel, using Distress Ink "Pine Needles" I stamped the background passage from GKD Stamp set "Blessed is the Season".  The scraps of dp are from Webster's Pages Holiday Collection.

Thanks for taking the time to look.  Have a prosperous week.


Cheri

2 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I LOVE the rose card, you did a fantastic job! This is a knock out!!!

2amscrapper said...

great cards!

Blog Archive

I hope you enjoy some of my cards

Please sign my guest book